Alexandra Schools and Education Directory
Do you like the Schools in Alexandra?
Alexandra Schools and Education
Alexandra, a small town nestled in the Murrindindi Shire of Victoria, is home to a number of educational organisations that provide a range of benefits and activities for students of all ages. In this article, we will categorise, list and describe each of these organisations and their offerings.
Early Childhood Education
1. Alexandra Community Childcare Centre: This centre offers high-quality education and care in a warm and nurturing environment for children aged 6 weeks to 6 years. The centre aims to provide a stimulating learning environment which caters to the individual needs and interests of each child. Contact: (03) 5772 3344
2. Alexandra Primary School: This school caters to students from Prep to Year 6 and offers a well-rounded education that focuses on academic, social and emotional development. Students participate in a range of activities such as music, art, sports, and outdoor education. Contact: (03) 5772 2266
3. Acheron Primary School: The Acheron Primary School is a small school located in the rural community of Acheron. The school offers a rich curriculum that focuses on environmental education, outdoor learning, and sustainability. Students participate in a range of activities such as gardening, animal husbandry, and outdoor exploration. Contact: (03) 5774 7315
4. Alexandra Secondary College: This college provides high-quality education for students in Years 7-12. The college offers a broad curriculum that encourages academic and personal growth, as well as co-curricular activities such as music, drama, and sports. Students have the opportunity to participate in enrichment programs such as the Debating and Public Speaking program. Contact: (03) 5772 1393
Vocational Education and Training
5. Central Ranges Local Learning & Employment Network (CRLLEN): CRLLEN is a not-for-profit organisation that provides education and training for young people and adults in the Central Ranges area. The organisation offers a range of programs such as school-based traineeships, apprenticeships, and vocational education and training courses. Contact: (03) 5783 1199
6. Goulburn Ovens Institute of TAFE (GOTAFE): The GOTAFE provides vocational education and training to students from the region. Courses are available in a range of fields such as business, hospitality, community services, and trades. The organisation also offers a range of short courses and apprenticeships. Contact: (03) 5723 0200
Adult Education and Learning
7. Alexandra Community House: The community house offers adult education and learning opportunities. Courses include computer skills, health and wellbeing, art and crafts, and professional development. The community house is an inclusive and welcoming environment that encourages social connectedness. Contact: (03) 5772 1238
Tutoring and Learning Support
8. Colloquia: Colloquia offers academic tutoring in a range of subjects such as English, mathematics, and science. The organisation also provides learning support for students who require additional assistance with their academic work. Contact: (03) 5772 3377
Alexandra is home to a range of educational organisations that provide opportunities for students of all ages and interests, from early childhood education to adult learning and support. These organisations are dedicated to providing quality education and experiences that promote individual growth and development. Contact details for each of these organisations are provided above to enable interested individuals to get in touch and discover more about the programs and events offered.
Alexandra Schools and Education Articles